Hot off the press! Meredith's new book, Mondays With Mary is here! It is available on her blog on the right sidebar. It debuted at the Northwest Catholic Family Education Conference last weekend and IT IS GREAT! So many of us have enjoyed her Marian feast day blog posts at Sweetness & Light the past couple of years, and now I'm thrilled to have her ideas, research, compilations, and yearning for the Blessed Mother to lead our families in ONE BOOK.
So many times I have decided to forgo the celebration of a feast day simply because the task of sitting at the computer and looking up "just a few ideas" or finding a prayer or song just didn't happen. Mondays with Mary brings everything together in one place and is easy to use. The book uses the Litany of Loreto as the framework for celebrating thirty-two Marian feast days throughout the liturgical year.
- Bible verse or quote from the Catechism, spiritual works or other little gem
- Explanation and history of the feast day
- Teatime Chat ~ my absolute favorite part. Ideas and special little ways of conversation to bring Our Lady to our little ones (and big ones too!)
- Devotional Activity ~ perhaps a craft, book suggestion, or activity, along with a prayer or song applicable for the day.
- Teatime Recipe Idea ~ most are very simple and very yummy with ingredients that I already have in my house.